This policy communicates the measures Hollander International Storage and Moving have in place for the collection, protection and use of personal and company data. The policy will ensure the security and confidentiality of information, and that the information is not altered or shared to persons without authorized access.
Any information which comes under the scope of this policy will only be used to provide international moving services that we have been contracted to provide, including the sharing as required of information to third parties who are related to the provision of international moving services.
This includes our customer’s names, occupations, address, personal and business contact information, details and value of home contents and storage locations, personal documents such as passports, visas and work permits, and completed customs documentation.
All information provided will be used, retained and disclosed confidentially to our supply chain on a strictly need-to-know basis.
We agree not to use or disclose without consent personal information for any purpose other than for the services we have been contracted to provide.
Information will be stored in a secure environment and we will make all efforts to ensure the security of confidential information.
Transmission of Personal Data
Personal information will not be disclosed or provided/sold to any parties who are not part of the supply chain.
Storage of Personal Information
Information is stored on a secure server and is protected from unauthorized access. Data should never be saved directly to laptops or other mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones.
In signing this document, you have read and understood the policy and have adequate processes in place to ensure you are compliant with this policy.
This policy applies to all personal information that is governed by the GDPR, within the territorial scope of the GDPR, that may be used to identify you as a visitor to the websites at www.hollandermoving.com, or www.unigroupworldwide.com, (the “Websites”) as our customer, or as a potential customer (“Personal Information”, as defined below), that is obtained by us in connection with the Websites or providing a product or service to you as part of our operations.
Collection of Personal Information
We rely on many sources of information to understand and meet our customers’ and potential customers’ needs and to fulfill our business objectives, including Personal Information that may be collected by Hollander International Storage and Moving Co., or UniGroup Worldwide or our agents, van operators or other representatives or third-party companies authorized to act on our behalf (“Representatives”).
“Personal Information” may include your name, street and email address, phone number, and may also include financial information, such as credit card or other bank account data. In the case of moving and storage services, this information may also include your origin address and destination address, details about the nature of the goods being shipped, including any photographic, video, and/or other digital image capture of those goods, and the names and contact information for other persons involved in the shipment or authorized to provide direction on your behalf. We limit our collection of Personal Information to that which is necessary for its intended purpose.
The sources of Personal Information may include:
- Information you provide to us or to our Representatives in person, over the internet or on the telephone;
- Information provided when you visit the Websites or communicate with us by email or other digital medium;
- Information that you may supply to us in written or electronic/video surveys;
- Information about your past transactions with any of the Hollander International Storage and Moving Co. or UniGroup Worldwide companies;
- Information from consumer reporting agencies; or
- Information from anyone that you have authorized to provide such information to us.
What We Do With Your Personal Information
The GDPR legal basis for data processing are your consent for the following listed purposes, as well as the fact you could be a potential customer who may contract with us to perform various services we offer. In certain circumstances, the legal basis could be compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Provide Services. We may use the Personal Information that you provide in order to respond to a request for an estimate; furnish a requested product or service to you; respond to your email or other inquiry; to help improve our services; or to send to you updates or notices about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you. In order to provide you with the full range of services you request from us, it may be necessary for us to share Personal Information among Hollander International Storage and Moving Co., UniGroup Worldwide or with our Representatives, or other companies that we have engaged to provide services on our behalf. We require those companies to use your Personal Information solely for the purposes for which it was provided and consistent with this Privacy Statement. If you request a quote on a Hollander International Storage and Moving Co or UniGroup Worldwide Website, and provide express consent, we reserve the right to share the provided Personal Information with a third party affiliate, agent or contractor.
Conduct Surveys. From time to time, we may use survey forms to better understand our customers’ needs, to evaluate our services, and to create products and services that respond to their interests. Customers may decline to participate in these surveys. Hollander International Storage and Moving Co. and UniGroup Worldwide will not disclose survey response information outside of our Companies, other than to our survey vendor(s) who assist us in collecting and analyzing such information or to our Representatives or other authorized service providers, solely for the purpose of improving our products and services.
Comply With Legal Processes. There are situations where we may disclose to third parties the Personal Information we collect as permitted or required by law. This may include disclosure to government entities, courts or other entities, such as in response to subpoenas or other legal or regulatory processes, or to protect against fraud.
Other Business Interests. We may also combine your Personal Information with other consumers’ Personal Information or other publicly available information to help us satisfy our legitimate business interests, such as performing trend analysis or market studies; identify consumer preferences or interests; set prices; perform billing functions; establish credit; or comply with government regulations. We may also share anonymized data, such as statistical or demographic information in aggregate form, with third parties for research or marketing purposes. However, this anonymized data will not contain your individually identifiable Personal Information.
Credit Reporting Agencies. We may report information about your account(s) to credit bureaus and/or consumer reporting agencies. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account(s) may be reflected in your credit report and/or consumer report and may affect your ability to obtain credit.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We use reasonable measures to safeguard the security and integrity of your Personal Information through procedures and technology designed for that purpose. For example:
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information.
- We regularly assess our security standards and procedures to protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information.
- We maintain Personal Information only as long as needed for legitimate business purposes, or as required by contractual or legal requirements. The criteria by which we determine how long we retain Personal Information is the retention periods indicated by our Document Retention Policy.
- We limit access to Personal Information about you to those employees and representatives who need to know that information to provide our products and services to you.
You should always safeguard your own Personal Information by protecting any passwords or other identifying information used to access your account with Hollander International Storage and Moving Co. and UniGroup Worldwide and by safely disposing of any records or reports that are no longer needed.
Other Terms and Conditions
In addition, if you are one of our customers, your contract with us may contain distinct terms and conditions, limitations of liability and/or disclaimers of warranty applicable generally to the products or services provided by Hollander International Storage and Moving Co. and UniGroup Worldwide. Although we make reasonable efforts to limit access to our facilities and vehicles to authorized representatives, we are not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of information that is printed and placed in plain view on a shipping carton.
Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Policy
Hollander International Storage and Moving fully upholds the laws regarding anti bribery and corruption. Any act or attempted bribery and corruption is unacceptable; this applies to offering a bribe or accepting a bribe.
Bribery is the offering, promising, giving, accepting or soliciting of an advantage as an inducement for action. It is illegal, and it is a breach of trust. A bribe is an inducement or reward offered, promised or provided in order to gain a commercial, contractual, regulatory or personal advantage.
This policy extends to you our agent and all those who act on your behalf. In addition to compliance with this policy you will also uphold all the laws regarding bribery and corruption in your own jurisdictions.
You agree to:
- Never engage in any form of bribery, either directly or through any third party.
- Never offer or make an improper payment, or authorize an improper payment (cash or otherwise) to any individual, including any local or foreign official anywhere in the world.
- Never attempt to induce an individual, or a local or foreign official to act illegally or improperly.
- Never offer, or accept, money or anything of value, such as gifts, kickbacks or commissions, in connection with the procurement of business or the award of a contract.
- Never offer or give any gift or token of hospitality to any public employee or government official or representative if there is any expectation or implication for a return favor
- Never accept any gift from any business partner if there is any suggestion that a return favor will be expected or implied.
- Never facilitate payments to obtain a level of service which one would not normally be entitled to.
- Never disregard or fail to report any indication of improper payments to the appropriate authorities.
- Never induce or assist another individual to break any applicable law or regulation.
The prevention, detection and reporting of bribery and corruption are the responsibility of all those working for us or under our control. If you believe or suspect that bribery or corruption has taken place you should inform your manager and notify Hollander International Storage and Moving Co. immediately.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at 1751 Pratt Blvd., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007, 847-439-5400